NC State doesn’t follow a one-size-fits-all approach to partnerships. Each partnership is built on the unique interests and strengths of both parties, and evolves to address new opportunities and solve future challenges.
Whether you need to find faculty subject matter experts, connect with highly-qualified students, license NC State technology, or access state-of-the-art equipment and space, the Office of Partnerships and Economic Development makes the process of doing business with NC State as easy and productive as possible.
- License intellectual property developed at NC State
- Collaborate with NC State innovators to launch and scale a new product
- Access programs and support for commercializing an idea
- Hire highly-qualified students as interns or co-ops
- Sponsor Senior Design Projects to prepare students for the workforce
- Collaborate with faculty experts to solve challenges and glimpse future trends
- Join a collaborative community of industry, government and academic leaders
- Create proximity to world-class faculty, subject matter experts and emerging talent
- Access state-of-the-art equipment, labs and facilities
- Identify solutions to current and future research needs
- Collaborate on research projects to accelerate innovation
- Support faculty conducting research in areas related to your business interests
- Provide scholarships to students to help develop the future workforce
Fee for Service
- Develop business solutions that address a specific need within your company
- Access talent, resources, equipment and physical space to accelerate innovation
- Tell us about your business or organization and what you’re trying to accomplish by calling our office at (919) 515-7036 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for a Partnership Developer.
- A member of the partnership development team will follow up with you about next steps. This may include gathering additional information about your interest in partnering with NC State or your specific business goals.
- Next, a partnership developer will reach out to department or faculty experts who would be a good fit for you.
- We will arrange a meeting on campus for both sides to get to know one another and outline specific partnership opportunities.
- If you are interested in leasing space on Centennial Campus, we will work with the Office of Real Estate and Development to find a solution that meets your needs.
- Once both groups agree that a partnership makes sense, we will facilitate the process of formalizing the agreement – walking you through every step along the way so nothing is missed.
- We will continue to stay in contact with you to ensure the partnership is as successful as possible through a dedicated Partnership Developer.