A Research Powerhouse
There are 115 universities in the U.S. classified as having the highest research activity by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. But only NC State has a unique combination of resources that makes it an ideal university with which to partner.
A public, coeducational university located in Raleigh, North Carolina, NC State provides undergraduate and graduate education to nearly 35,000 students, making it the largest university in a four-state region (NC, SC, TN, VA). NC State is leading efforts to curb nuclear proliferation, develop a smart electric grid, create self-powered health monitors and build a new American manufacturing sector. The university’s award-winning Centennial Campus is a national model for highly successful public-private partnerships, home to more than 75 industry partners alongside an equal number of academic departments and units.NC State is a leading research enterprise, attracting top talent from around the world.
NC State is a pre-eminent research enterprise where undergraduate and graduate students learn from award-winning faculty. An NC State education begins in the classroom and is applied through real-world internships and co-ops, giving our graduates the career-ready skills they need to thrive.
- NC State has the fourth largest undergraduate engineering program in the U.S., as well as the largest textiles program and third highest ranked veterinary school.
- NC State is home to one of the largest research campuses in North America – Centennial Campus – and is one of the few to dedicate an entire department towards supporting corporate partnerships.
- NC State is 2nd in the number of technology licenses and options executed among universities without a medical school.
- NC State has one of the most recognized advanced analytics programs in the country.
NC State faculty, staff and students come together to create a distinguished research enterprise focused on solving real-world problems. We have 12 colleges representing all major academic disciplines including the humanities and social sciences, plant and animal life sciences, management, education, natural resources, and the physical, chemical, mathematical, statistical, biological and earth-system sciences. Our programs in engineering, business administration, statistics and veterinary medicine are nationally recognized for academic excellence and we have over 50 issue-focused research centers and institutes driven by industrial memberships.
Real-world problems require interdisciplinary teams and NC State has brought the best and the brightest minds together to address the emerging fields of analytics, nanotechnology, biotechnology and biomedical engineering. NC State stays at the forefront of emerging research areas through continued support and expansion of its talented faculty and staff.
Eastman Chemical’s partnership with NC State has paid off in a big way.Learn more about the partnership.
Partnership Value Proposition
- Talent recruitment
- Workforce skill development
- Positive brand recognition
- Emerging research identification
- New concept testing
- Subject Matter Expert access
- Long-term project collaboration
- Laboratory/equipment utilization
- Enriched student experience
- Enhancement of teaching
- University funding diversification
- Industry network access
- Identify and collaborate on industrial challenges
- R&D discovery opportunities
- Understanding of industry needs
- Enhanced university reputation